Thursday, November 20, 2008

BP, doctors, and cheeseburgers...

So, today I am dealing with my high blood pressure - again. It's always been a problem. I take meds for it, but obviously not working. At the doctor yesterday they said it was perfect - 110/68 - checked it twice. I didn't believe them. I have never in my life had blood pressure that good - that 68 on the bottom should have been a big ol' fat hint, right then and there. But that's what I wanted it to be, so I left it. Got back to work, went down the hall to Employee Health, got my KIOSK card back up and running, checked my BP again...let's just say it wasn't 110/68. Back down the hall to EH, had it checked at least 6 times there...all bad. So, I have to go back to the doc today...hopefully new meds will be prescribed, b/c I have absolutely no desire to stroke out before I even turn 30. Guess it's time to lay off the McyD's...but just let me say that it is totally unfair that a freaking double cheeseburger costs $1.00 (okay, $1.07 with tax) and a salad is like $5.00? That is so wrong! But I guess all the stuff that goes into a cheeseburger isn't all that high quality, so that would account for the cheapness...but come on, we're paying out the ying-yang for lettuce! At least I don't have to sacrifice my first born for gas, anymore. But let's steer clear of the economy...

No comments: