Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Check engine...

Ahhh...we all need a break from the daily grind every now and then, and I guess it was time for mine!

So, my "check engine" light came on last night...this has never happened in my Trailblazer before so I was just a little worried, not knowing what, if anything, was wrong. Those sensors can be kind of tricky, sometimes, you know. Anyway, Mom and Dad drive to Greenwood last night to make the switch, giving me Mom's Tahoe (nice...drives a lot smoother than mine, but I love my 'Blazer). So, I'm at work today and Dad calls..."Hey, Mollie...how's it going...want to know what's wrong with your car? Are you sitting down, ready for this?" I am completely freaking out at this point, wondering what in the world is wrong, and more importantly, how in the heck am I going to pay for it? He goes "Well, they checked your engine and it has a crack in it, there's stuff leaking out everywhere and it looks like it'll be about $4000 to fix it."

Cue the H-E-A-R-T A-T-T-A-C-K...

Then I remembered that I have an exteneded warranty- TG - and so I'm like "Well, wouldn't that be covered under my warranty?" "I'm not sure...maaayyyybee...we'll have to see..." Then..."Just kidding! Want to know what was really wrong?" Um, yes, now that I can't breath, yes I do... Apparently a good number of "check engine" light mishaps occur if a gas cap is off - which mine was. We both felt like idiots! Had a good laugh at that. We hadn't even thought to check that...and who knew the gas cap was connected to a sensor, anyway? Well, Dad did...and now I do...

At any rate, I apparently needed new tires ASAP, anyway, so Dad fixed me up with 4 of those...nice early Christmas. So, now, when we get all that ice and snow that we're gonna get this year, I'll be good to go : )

No comments: