Monday, May 25, 2009

The theatre, the theatre, what happened to the theatre?

We went to the movies last weekend. One man tripped coming up the stairs and almost face-planted in the theatre. We tried not to laugh but couldn't help giggling quietly as soon as his back was to us. Another couple brought their 3 year-old, who didn't seem too keen on watching the movie or being quiet. What did he care of Captain James T. Kirk and the Enterprise? The family who sat behind us huffed and puffed their way to the top - I thought I might have to call the paramedics, but they managed to gulp down their popcorn and sodas so I'm assuming they were okay. At least no one sat directly behind or in front of us. I hate it when people do that, especially when 3/4 of the seats are empty. Teenagers at the theatre are a given. Teens "hang out" at the movies like it's the mall or an arcade - I guess they find interesting things to do, like standing against the lobby wall slurping their drinks and watching other movie-goers. Or standing in bunches outside, smoking cigarettes and swearing because they think it's cool. One couple was having a row as we walked in - well, she was standing with her arms crossed while he was gesturing into her ear going "What the **** did I do this time?" Ahhh...young love. One thing most teens do NOT do at the movies is actually shut up and watch the movie they have convinced their parents to drop them off to see. Very annoying for those of us who are paying out our wazoo to do just that. I used to get embarrassed when my mother or father would say something to people displaying their stupidity in public places - now I embarrass my boyfriend by doing the same. I am appalled on a daily basis by the utter rudeness of people and sometimes I just have to say something. I feel these people should be grateful I don't smack the **** out of them.

No comments: